- Twin toroidal transformers to maximize analogue/digital circuit isolation
- TI precision volume control IC
- MM Phono input
- Three line-level analogue input stages (CD, Tuner and Aux),
- Six digital input stages (three coax; three optical)
- 32bit 768kHz Asahi Kasei Digital to Analogue Converter
- Internal Bluetooth module supports both APTX and standard SBC
- Front facing USB input for iPod/iPad connections with 2.1A charging capability
- Rear panel PC-USB 24bit 192KHz input supports Windows, MAC and DoP (DSD over PCM).
- Tone control cut/boost up to 10dB
- Balanced (XLR) input stages
- Twin balanced (XLR) and single-ended (phono) output stages
- Twin sub-woofer outputs
- Front panel status display
The circuit design starts with a high performance power supply consisting of two Rotel custom designed and built toroidal transformers to provide isolation between the analogue and digital signals. They are part of a reference-grade power supply consisting of individual analogue and digital regulator circuits with custom-made slit-foil capacitors. Slit-foil capacitors have very quick charge/discharge times and low signal loss ensuring tight bass performance.
Other features include a remote control handset, 2 x 12-volt trigger outputs, a dimmable display, an automatic power off function (conﬁgurable 1 hour, 2 hour, 5 hour, 12 hour, or disabled), RS232 and IP control for automation system integration, Internet based software updates, Rotel Link connection, an external IR remote input, and a front mounted 3.5mm headphone output jack.
For music enthusiasts who will not accept compromise, the RC-1590 preampliﬁer is in a class by itself, at a price that belies its superb performance.
Stereo Power Amplifier
- Output power 350W per channel, both channels driven, 20Hz-20kHz
- Twin mono-block construction
- Slit-foil reservoir capacitors, total 80,000mFd
- Twin speaker terminals for each channel
- Balanced (XLR) input stages
- Two stage power-on circuit
- 12-volt trigger control
- Thermal, over-current and over-voltage protection circuits
- 5U chassis
The RB-1590’s impressive capabilities begin with a solid foundation consisting of massive twin toroidal transformers custom designed and built by Rotel. These transformers are just part of a rock-solid power supply that includes eight special British made BHC capacitors, known for their low loss and quick response times, thereby improving high-energy signal transients and dynamic bass performance. These components will continue to supply all of the voltage and current requirements needed, even under the most difficult load conditions.
The RB-1590 is not based on just raw power alone. Every aspect of its circuit design has been carefully considered and each component has been selected after extensive and rigorously listening sessions. Circuit topography has been laid out in a true mono-block design ensuring maximum signal separation and better stereo imaging.
The RB-1590 is for the discerning audio enthusiast and provides the highest levels of performance.