A bigger speaker that’s still sleek
Despite the Silver 100’s sleek good looks, this doesn’t stop it from offering a powerful performance that can shame some much larger speakers. Making use a powerful 8inch bass cone, the Silver 100’s have a bass response that drops right down to 40Hz – easily matching or beating many floorstanding speakers. This means that, even in larger rooms, the Silver 100 is unfazed by the most powerful music.
The best drive units – improved
Featuring a completely new version of Monitor Audio’s iconic gold tweeter dome, the treble response is better than ever. Tuned for a crisp, low distortion sound, the top-end is sweeter than ever. The powerful 8” bass cone features distinctive RST (Rigid Surface Technology). Inspired by the Japanese art of Origami, the lightweight cone is made more rigid by the precise pattern of surface dimples. It makes the bass and mid-range natural-sounding and effortlessly flowing.
With technology from the Platinum series
Evolved from the reference quality Platinum models, the Silver 100 features DCF (Dynamic Coupling Filter). This replaces the usual, solid coupling of driver and voice coil with a flexible coupling. This helps damp any surplus energy, aiding the precison of sound. The perforated design also helps with cooling and pressure relief – giving enhanced efficiency.
Cabinets designed with help from the National Physical Laboratory
Designed with the aid of a precision laser scanner from NPL (National Physical Laboratory), the handcrafted cabinets are exceptionally well built. The scanner identified areas of cabinet resonance making the placement of the bracing pin-point accurate. Ultra-low cabinet distortion lets the drive units perform unimpeded, giving you the clearest and most natural sound going.
Slim-line and superbly finished to match your decor
Available in a wide range of premium real wood veneers and high gloss finishes, the Silver 100 looks every bit as good as it sounds. The new tweeter features a smart speckled finish for individual style. A slim-line design with rear-mounted port looks sleek and makes these speakers unobtrusive in your home. Magnetically attached grilles give a clean appearance when removed – ideal for showing off those hi-tech drive units.
- Unique RST Cone profile for best diaphragm rigidity and lowest distortion
- Proprietary-build ring/voice coil-cone coupling mechanism (DCF) optimised to reduce high-frequency cone break-up and increase the critical voice coil circumferential rigidity
- Cast-polymer driver chassis design for improved rigidity and damping characteristics
- HiVe II port technology ensures linear transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother airflow
- Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling means the highest-quality transfer through the signal chain
- High-quality crossovers with premium grade, bespoke polypropylene film capacitors, air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors for maximum signal transfer
- Rigid 20 mm MDF construction utilising scientifically-optimised cabinet bracing
- Single bolt-through driver technology provides increased bracing strength, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Ultra-low-profile grilles featuring invisible magnetic grille fixings ensure clean visual styling when fitted
- Bespoke, high quality bi-wire terminals
- Selected premium-quality wood veneers, high-gloss lacquer and contemporary Satin White finishes.