Sound and Image Terms, Conditions and
When things go wrong…
Please contact us. We will always try our best to assist in any way we can.
# Sound and Image is just a collection point. We hand the repairs over to the agents so that their technicians can have a look at the unit(s) for you. We do not have repair technicians on site and we can only provide you with the assessment the suppliers’ technician gives us.
#We still take in your out of guarantee units on behalf of the agents. There is a R500 fee payable at the time you hand the unit in. If you accept a quote, the money will go towards that total, that is, you pay in the difference when you collect the unit. Should you prefer not to pay the handling fee if a unit may not be worth the repair costs, we will try and assist you with a discount on the new item you choose, where ever possible.
# We can only assist with brands where our suppliers do the repairs. We can not guarantee and therefore can not assist with, work done through other people or businesses, other than the registered agents that we deal with regularly.
Terms and Conditions on Repair cards
1) Guarantees are carried out by, and subject to, suppliers’ policies
2) Repairs take 6 to 8 weeks, and if parts are ordered in, it may take a bit longer.
Please note: Once we have notified you to please collect your repair that came back into our store, whether fixed or returned not fixed; please collect asap as we do not have a ton of storage space to keep the units safe, therefore: any items not collected within 3 months of repair completion, will be sold to defray costs, or destroyed to clear space, with no claim or compensation available to you.
3) Only the work carried out and parts replaced, will be guaranteed by the supplier, for three months.
4) Items marked ‘Guarantee Repair’ , automatically become ‘Payable Repair’ should the fault not be due to factory defect, or if proof of purchase is not produced.
5) Payable repairs are only accepted upon receipt of a non refundable R 500 handling fee
6) Payable repairs are only accepted on behalf of suppliers, for whom we act as collecting agent.
7) All risk and liability remains with the customer.
8) You agree to an automatic go-ahead up to R 1500, and may expect to receive a quotation only for amounts above that. This means that over and above the R500 paid up front, you are willing to pay another R 1 500 to have the unit fixed, and accept that any cost up to the R 2000 in total, is due by you, in the event that the unit was fixed for any amount up to the R 2000, per unit handed in.
Should the unit cost more than R 2000 to fix, you will receive a quotation which you are free to accept or reject. If you accept the quote, you pay in the difference when you collect the unit. If you reject the quote, the R 500 deposit covers the costs. (You may use the R500 towards a new purchase should you wish, as we are then able to defray the costs from the new sale).
In our experience, the suppliers we deal with are all very fair in their assessments of what is faulty, and how best to fix it, as cost effectively as possible. They will tell us if a unit is uneconomical to repair, and they do charge only for what they needed to do. The arrangements regarding the amount before you receive a quotation, is designed to keep the repairs flowing as quickly as possible, and avoid unnecessary delays when it is so obviously worth repairing.
Please speak to any Sound and Image team member regarding any trouble you experience and we will see what the best way is to assist you being up and running 100%, asap.
Thank you for being a part of our awesome team. See you soon.